Gluster blog stories provide high-level spotlights on our users all over the world
Today, we are announcing the availability of GCS (Gluster Container Storage) 0.4. The release was bit delayed to address some of the critical issues identified. This release brings in a good amount of bug fixes along with some key feature enhancements in GlusterD2. We’d request all of you to try this out and provide feedback.
Highlights and updates since v0.3:
– Brick Multiplexing support in GD2
– Better distributed and resilient transaction engine in GD2
– replace brick, volume profile API support in GD2
– Critical memory leak in net/rpc package of GD2
– Support of bytes as unit in volume size for volume create request in csi-driver
– Self heal, snapshot brick count, volume profile metrics in gluster-prometheus
– Initial SDK skeleton in anthill (gluster-operator)
– Glusterd2: https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2
– Gluster CSI driver: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-csi-driver
– Gluster-prometheus: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-prometheus
– Anthill – https://github.com/gluster/anthill/
For more details on the specific content of this release please refer .
If you are interested in contributing, please see  or contact the gluster-devel mailing list. We’re always interested in any bugs that you find, pull requests for new features and your feedback.
 https://waffle.io/gluster/gcs?label=GCS%2F0.4 – search for ‘Done’ lane
Upcoming Community Happy Hour at Red Hat Summit! Tue, May 7, 2019, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM EDT https://cephandglusterhappyhour_rhsummit.eventbrite.com has all the details. Gluster 7 Roadmap Discussion kicked off for our 7 roadmap on the mailing lists, see [Gluster-users] GlusterFS v7.0 (and v8.0) roadmap discussion https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2019-March/036139.html for more details. Community...
This is part of a new series on using Gluster! OpenVPN is open source software that serves as the basis for a Virtual Private Network capable of supporting a point-to-point or site-to-site connection. Along with the fact that it’s free to use, it also has the benefit of being one...