[Gluster-users] Hundreds of duplicate files

tbenzvi at 3vgeomatics.com tbenzvi at 3vgeomatics.com
Sun Dec 28 04:43:20 UTC 2014

Thanks Joe, I've read your blog post as well as your post regarding the .glusterfs directory.

I found some unneeded duplicate files which were not being read properly. I then deleted the link file from the brick. This always removes the duplicate file from the listing, but the file does not always become readable. If I also delete the associated file in the .glusterfs directory on that brick, then some more files become readable. However this solution still doesn't work for all files.

I know the file on the brick is not corrupt as it can be read directly from the brick directory.

Hopefully you have some other ideas I could try.

Otherwise, I may proceed by writing a script to handle the files one-by-one. Move the actual file from .glusterfs off the brick to a temporary location, remove all references to the file on the bricks, then copy the file back onto the mounted volume.. It's not ideal but hopefully this is a one-time occurence.

Tom

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Hundreds of duplicate files