[Gluster-users] xattrs errors when creating files on Gluster3.3b2

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Sat Mar 31 17:15:38 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 08:51 AM, Daniel Pereira wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Hope anyone can shed some light on some strange behavior we've just
> having with Gluster.
> Last night, while using gluster3.3b2, we came up with some errors, after
> running tests for several days.

Hi Daniel,

Can you consider testing 3.3.0qa32+ versions untill 3.3.0beta3 is made
available? Because 3.3.0beta2 was pretty old and we have made
significant changes/bug fixes after the beta2 release.

> We're running the test in a striped 4 disk volume:
> # gluster volume info data
> Volume Name: data
> Type: Stripe

Considering this is a 'stripe' volume, what is the backend filesystem
you are using? Because with XFS there seems to be some issues with data
block pre-allocation algorithm, and glusterfs's logic of leaving holes
for striped blocks. We are evaluating better ways of solving the stripe
issue, till then, I recommend ext4 or other filesystems for you as backend.

Regards,
Amar