[Gluster-users] Usage Case: just not getting the performance I was hoping for

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 15:48:51 UTC 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:30:11 +0100
Marcus Bointon <marcus at synchromedia.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16 Mar 2012, at 00:33, David Coulson wrote:
>
> > Is there a FAQ/document somewhere with optimal mkfs and mount
> > options for ext4 and xfs? Is xfs still the 'desired' filesystem for
> > gluster bricks?
>
> Something that I think would really help gluster is to have an online
> configuration builder along the lines of Percona's MySQL config
> wizard: http://tools.percona.com/wizard
>
> I think there are a lot of parallels: a large number of (often
> underdocumented) variables, but some common usage scenarios.

Well, my hope is that such a tool or document would be unnecessary
for most people because the system would do the tuning itself - either
making or suggesting specific changes as appropriate.  Nonetheless,
such an approach can never be complete.  What I can suggest is that
people read and contribute to this thread on the community site about
such issues:

http://community.gluster.org/a/linux-kernel-tuning-for-glusterfs/