[Gluster-users] Best practices after a peer failure?

R.C. milanraf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:41:00 UTC 2011

Hello to the list.

I'm practicing GlusterFS in various topologies by means of multiple
Virtualbox VMs.

As the standard system administrator, I'm mainly interested in disaster
recovery scenarios. The first being a replica 2 configuration, with one peer
crashing (actually stopping VM abruptly) during data writing to the volume.
After rebooting the stopped VM and relaunching the gluster deamon (service
glusterd start), the cluster doesn't start healing by itself.
I've also tried the suggested commands:
find <gluster-mount> -print0 | xargs --null stat >/dev/null
and
find <gluster-mount> -type f -exec dd if='{}' of=/dev/null bs=1M \; >
/dev/null 2>&1
without success.
A rebalance command recreates replicas but, when accessing cluster, the
always-alive client is the only one committing data to disk.

Where am I misoperating?

Thank you for your support.

Raf