[Gluster-users] "Invalid argument" when removing files and "No suchfile or directory" when creating files

nuaa_liuben nuaa_liuben at sina.com
Fri Jun 24 03:17:12 UTC 2011

More information: Back-end filesystem is EXT4, gluster version is 3.2.1.

thanks

>From:  nuaa_liuben
>Send Time:  2011-06-23  18:27:00
>TO: gluster-users
>CC:
>Subject: [Gluster-users] "Invalid argument" when removing files and "No suchfile or directory" when creating files

Hi, All,

I create a Distributed-Stripe volume with 4 brick servers, volume configuration as follow:

Volume Name: tvol
Type: Distributed-Stripe
Number of Bricks: 3 x 4 = 12
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 192.168.8.200:/mnt/sdb/tvol
Brick2: 192.168.8.201:/mnt/sdb/tvol
Brick3: 192.168.8.202:/mnt/sdb/tvol
Brick4: 192.168.8.203:/mnt/sdb/tvol
Brick5: 192.168.8.200:/mnt/sdc/tvol
Brick6: 192.168.8.201:/mnt/sdc/tvol
Brick7: 192.168.8.202:/mnt/sdc/tvol
Brick8: 192.168.8.203:/mnt/sdc/tvol
Brick9: 192.168.8.200:/mnt/sdd/tvol
Brick10: 192.168.8.201:/mnt/sdd/tvol
Brick11: 192.168.8.202:/mnt/sdd/tvol
Brick12: 192.168.8.203:/mnt/sdd/tvol

mount volume using native glusterfs, but "Invalid argument" error occured when removing files , and "No such file or directory" when creating files.

[root at client cifs]# touch b
touch: cannot touch `b': No such file or directory
[root at client cifs]# rm -rf a
rm: cannot remove `a': Invalid argument

Anybody meet such problems? And hope advice and solutions.

BR,
liuben