[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2.0 and ucarp not working

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Wed Jun 8 12:26:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 02:20:55AM -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 at 8:16am, bxmatus at gmail.com wrote
>
> >When client is connecting to any gluster node it automaticly receive list of
> >all other nodes for that volume.
>
> Yes, but what if the node it first tries to contact (i.e., the one
> on the fstab line) is down?

Haven't tried this, as we're using NFS mounts here (with ucarp). But what if
instead of using fstab to mount you put something in rc.local that tried
first one IP, then the other? Would something like

/bin/mount -t glusterfs ip1:/share /mount/point || /bin/mount -t glusterfs ip2:/share /mount/point

work? I frankly don't know if "||" will work as "or" there, but there's
certainly a way to do it.

Whit