[Gluster-users] NFS export issue with GlusterFS 3.1

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Thu Oct 28 01:11:39 UTC 2010

Hi Shehjar:

The hosts with exports in the replication pool are already running NFS
servers so I need to setup GlusterFS native NFS server on another
server.  I am using the following /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol:

volume gluster01
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host gluster01
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume gluster02
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host gluster02
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume repl
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes gluster01 gluster02
end-volume

volume writebehind
    type performance/write-behind
    option cache-size 4MB
    subvolumes repl
end-volume

volume dshare
    type performance/io-cache
    option cache-size 1GB
    subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume nfs-server
    type nfs/server
    subvolumes dshare
end-volume

and I start glusterfsd

Does this look about right?  Is the remote-port correct?

Thanks,

Bernard