[Gluster-users] Some client problems with TCP-only NFS in Gluster 3.1

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Mon Oct 25 09:48:53 UTC 2010

Brent A Nelson wrote:
> Alas, that does not work on Solaris 2.6 or 7.  Solaris 7 was apparently
> the first to support the WebNFS URL syntax, but it otherwise has the
> same behavior as 2.6.  Both seem to be hardwired to look for the UDP
> mountd port, even when told to use TCP.  On each, you can specify the
> NFS port, but apparently not the mountd port (there's no mountport
> option documented).

Yes, thats broken in Solaris. Without WebURL, if we specify proto=tcp,
it defaults to using NFSv4. If we then try to override using vers=3
option, as the man page says we can, it falls back to using UDP even
when proto=tcp is given.

These versions will need UDP support in gluster nfs to work.

-Shehjar