[Gluster-users] CVS on Gluster 3.0.5 Failure

Andrew Burkett burkett.andrew at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 21:10:23 UTC 2010

  I've been trying to put an existing cvs server on gluster, using a
simple two node RAID 1 configuration.  I've got gluster mounting the cvs
directory inside a Xen virtual machine (Everything is running OpenSuse
64-bit 11.1 or 11.2).  Everything works fine if both nodes are running,
but if I shut one of the computers off, I start getting lots of messages
like these:

[2010-07-22 13:33:32] E [afr.c:107:afr_set_split_brain] cvs-mirror:
invalid argument: inode

I was running into errors from the cvs end, as well, but now I can't
reproduce them now, so I'm not sure what the problem was there.  Is this
something I should be concerned about?

I compiled gluster from source in all locations.  It's mounted using
fuse.  And the configuration used is the default configuration that
comes out of gluster-volgen.  (Though the messages appear without the
performance translators turned on.)

Andrew