[Gluster-users] Gluster Volume Crash

Irshad Ahmed irshad2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 05:07:59 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

Please help me out with this issue in gluster.
I mounted a gluster volume on a server and using samba so my windows clients
can access the shares.
This volume is used for sharing purpose.
Gluster Version Used : 3.0.4
OS : CentOS Linux 5.4 (64 Bit)
Kernel Version : 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5
Here is my gluster client volume config
Gluster Config : http://dpaste.com/213489/
Here is my gluster server config
Gluster Server Config : http://dpaste.com/213818/
My crash logs
Crash Log : http://dpaste.com/213817/ <http://dpaste.com/213488/>
I did some more testing and this is what i found.
* When i try to browse any folders in that share it works fine and gluster
does nto crash
* But when i try to browse any file in a folder or open a file gluster
crashes.
This is pretty weird and it only crashes when any file is touched.
Also one more imp aspect is that i am using replicate in my gluster client
volume file.
If i remove the replicate xlator it works fine.
But as we need replication so i cannot live without it.

Any kind of info would be of great help.

Irshad