[Gluster-users] I/O fair share to avoid I/O bottlenecks on small clsuters

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Sun Jan 31 06:11:08 UTC 2010

Can you tell us a little more about your setup? I'm running many
hundreds of vms on our cluster but I found infiniband is necessary if
you have any large amount of io (databases, lots of drive access etc).

You may simply be saturating your io if you only have a single gigabit
interface to your storage. Things like NFS mount can direct all your io
down one gig link and can be the death knell to your distributed
parallel filer.