[Gluster-users] gluster v3.0.0 log showing errors

IQnection Hosting Department hosting at iqnection.com
Sun Jan 17 23:20:06 UTC 2010

Hello,

Recently we've put a gluster v3.0.0 file system into use for a group of
apache2/tomcat6 servers.
Today one of those servers started hanging and we noticed a lot of lines
like the following two in the log file:

1) W [fuse-bridge.c:793:fuse_getattr] glusterfs-fuse: 285653: GETATTR
140556365266128 (fuse_loc_fill() failed)

2) E [afr.c:179:afr_read_child] mirror-0: invalid argument: inode

I don't think we're doing anything very strange with this setup. I'm at a
loss as to why we are seeing this "hanging" behavior and these errors in
the logs.

All machines are running v3.0.0 from the same source build.
We have 3 bricks using jfs for their backend storage setup to replicate to
all three.
During testing we discovered that we needed to turn off write-behind to
make things like CVS and xsl transformations more reliable in our setup.
Write speed of course suffers but that is a compromise we've been willing
to live with.
There are 7 clients using the file system for web files, java classes, and
log files.
While this was going on there was an rsync of more images and PDF files
copying from an old web server onto the new gluster file system using the
client that was "hanging" as it's receiving side.

If you could shed any light on what might be causing our problems, it
would be very helpful. Thanks!

Kind regards,
-Chris

--