[Gluster-users] Possible to expand DHT volume with additional servers?

Luke Olson luke.olson at cafefx.com
Thu Jan 14 01:33:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

My name is Luke, this is my first time using the mailing list. I've got a 4 server cluster using the DHT translator setup with the gluster-volgen utility. If possible the plan is to add 2 more servers to the volume to make a new total of 6 servers. Looking through the documentation I wasn't able to find any definitive information about expanding a DHT volume. Is there a guide somewhere I've missed, pros, cons, how to do it right, is it even possible? If a guide doesn't exist somewhere suggestions would be greatly appreciated like is it better to just create a new volume and copy over the data.

All the best,

Luke