[Gluster-users] Gluster-users Digest, Vol 20, Issue 22

Liam Slusser lslusser at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:47:36 UTC 2010

Yeah im waiting for Gluster to come out with a 3.0.1 release before i
upgrade.  I'll make sure to do my best to compare 3.0.1 with OneFS's
performance/recovery/etc once i upgrade.  I still have two Isilon
clusters which aren't in production anymore in our lab i can play
around with.

And i've been waiting for brfs for awhile now, it can't come soon enough!

thanks,
liam

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Harshavardhana <harsha at gluster.com> wrote:
> Hi Liam,

> GlusterFS does checksum based self-heal since the 3.0 release, i would
> believe your experiences are from 2.0? which has issues of doing a full file
> self-heal which will a lot of time.  But i would suggest an upgrade with
> 3.0.1
> release which is due Feb 1st week for your cluster. 3.x releases with new
> self-heal you should get very less rebuild times. If its possible to compare
> the
> 3.0.1 rebuild times with the One-FS from Isilon should help us improve it
> too.
>
> Thanks
\>