[Gluster-users] Performance and redundancy help

Arvids Godjuks arvids.godjuks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:45:37 UTC 2010

GlusterFS in contrast to other clustering solutions is a client-side
clustering solution. You configure your clients to handle all the
distribution, replication and and other available functionality.
Client is modifying/reading/creating file and sends commands or the
file itself to the storage back-ends based on your configuration file.
Server-side handling is needed for task like healing if your servers
have much faster interconnections than clients.