[Gluster-users] Possible workaround for a problem with a "permissions" or "file access" error

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Dec 20 20:49:42 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 03:43 PM, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 at 3:36pm, Joe Landman wrote
>
>> Has someone somewhere compiled a complete list of the settable config
>> elements and their meanings? I don't know if the settings simply set
>> key-value pairs, or if they actually impact things. A listing of these
>> would be nice, though I found what we found by some creative guessing
>> based upon older configurations.
>
> This came up recently, and the wiki has been updated with all the
> options and their default values:

Actually these options weren't listed in that page.  What I've noticed
is that the options follow a similar naming convention to the
translators of the 3.0.x and below so that performance/thingamabob would
be performance.thingamabob .  And the gluster tool helps you when you
make a mistake, as in

[root at manager ~]# gluster volume set nfs performance.stat-prefetch2 0
Set volume unsuccessful
option : performance.stat-prefetch2 does not exist
Did you mean performance.stat-prefetch?

All I want is

	gluster volume list-volume-settings nfs

or similar.

> http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_Setting_Volume_Options
>

> Also, an RFE for "gluster volume info" was submitted such that it always
> displays the volume options in use. Currently it only displays values
> that have been changed from their defaults.

Would do the same thing.  This would be very helpful.

Also might be nice to have the logs sent to a central logging server.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com