[Gluster-users] 2.1 xen direct io

samppah at neutraali.net samppah at neutraali.net
Tue Oct 13 07:03:17 UTC 2009

> Great, where did you get your kernel? Are you using?
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git linux-2.6-xen

There are RPMs available at http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/ for
Fedora 12.

> Any chance you are also using Infiniband??? :-)

Nope :( I wish were...

>> I also tried with tap:aio and it got bit further than before. Instead of
>> hanging domU it gave me timeout error when trying to connect to the
>> device.
>
> Gluster guys, any plans to have tap:aio work?

After struggling with this for few hours I discovered that pv_ops kernel
doesn't have support for tap:aio yet. It's on the todo list, but no idea
what's the status of it. Any idea of distro with recent kernel, dom0 and
tap:aio support? :)