[Gluster-users] Questions about GlusterFS (Ldap...)

anthony garnier sokar6012 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:48:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm currently see to choose different file system (GlusterFS is in my

 top list ^^ ) , and I need further informations.

- If I got a cluster with for exemple 10 servers (with AFR on server side) and I want to add 1 more server in the cluster, do I have to stop all server, reconfigure the volfile of each server and restart them  or I just have to configure the server that I'm adding and the rest will make it by itself ? If "add on the fly" is not possible, when will it comes with the next release ?

-If I got 10 servers, and I want a replication of those Servers, do I have manually specify wich server is replicated wich one ?

-Is GlusterFS compatible with an LDAP and Active Directory

 authentication ?

- Do you have partner that provide your solution ?

Thx for taking into consideration my questions

Anthony Garnier

DTI/DPV/DCPS/RSH/ACCE

 PSA Peugeot Citroën

 IT center, 90160 Bessoncourt, France