[Gluster-users] GlusterFS AFR to S3 via s3fs

Larry Bates larry.bates at vitalesafe.com
Sun Dec 27 22:36:42 UTC 2009

Has anyone tried out a combination where GlusterFS is replicated

to Amazon S3 by using s3fs to mount the Amazon bucket via Fuse?

In theory it seems like this could work.

What I have in mind:

Two local GlusterFS servers that are mirrored (via AFR) with the third

mirror copy  going to Amazon S3.  That way you could rebuild your

local stores from S3 if there was a catastrophic event.

Now that I think about it, I guess it mostly depends on the xattr

support of s3fs (which AFR requires).

Thanks in advance,

Larry Bates

vitalEsafe, Inc.