[Gluster-users] Faster AFR recovery; and try to understand how it works...

Bill Bruns billbruns at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 17:48:44 UTC 2009

David and Larry,

Of course, Raghavendra has once again given the correct answer!

However, I hope it will be acceptable if I offer a slight rewording.

Please consider this wording:
Create the files through one of the CLIENTs, through the mounted glusterfs (that is, through the /mnt/replicate).
Do not create the files directly on the SERVERs (in other words, do not create it through /home/replicate)

In David's case, the SERVERs are the machines with the "/home/replicate" directories, and the CLIENTs are the machines with the "/mnt/replicate" directories.

HTH
Bill Bruns