[Gluster-users] High cpu usage when using Ganesha with gluster FSAL

J-F Cloutier jf1.cloutier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:26:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm using Ganesha NFS in a LXC container and using Gluster FSAL as backend.

When I define a single export in ganesha, the CPU usage is 10%
constantly on core i5 (without or without client mounting and using the
server).

When I define 8 exports, the CPU usage is constantly at 45% for the
Ganesha process.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LXC container and Gluster 3.8.X (latest version
of gluster 3.8 and ganesha from the repo).

I tried a new install of gluster and ganesha with minimal config and I
get same result.

I asked the question on the Ganesha GitHub forum and they suggesting
asking question on gluster mailing list.

Thanks

J-F