[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Containers with Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift

Humble Chirammal hchiramm at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 07:43:54 UTC 2016

*Hi All, I would like to provide you a status update on the developments
with GlusterFS containers and its presence in projects like docker,
kubernetes and Openshift. We have containerized GlusterFS with base
image of CentOS and Fedora and its available at Docker Hub[1] to
consume. The Dockerfile of the Image can be found at github[2]. You can
pull the image with # docker pull gluster/gluster-centos # docker pull
gluster/gluster-fedora The exact steps to be followed to run GlusterFS
container is mentioned here[3]. We can deploy GlusterFS pods in
Kubernetes Environment and an example blog about this setup can be found
here [4]. There is GlusterFS volume plugin available in Kubernetes and
openshift v3 which provides Persistent Volume to the containers in the
Environment, How to use GlusterFS containers for Persistent Volume and
Persistent Volume Claim in Openshift has been recorded at [5].
[1]https://hub.docker.com/r/gluster/
[2]https://github.com/gluster/docker/ [3]http://tinyurl.com/jupgene
[4]http://tinyurl.com/zsrz36y [5]http://tinyurl.com/hne8g7o**Please let
us know if you have any comments/suggestions/feedback. *

--
Cheers,
Humble

Senior Software  Engineer