[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12: Glusto run status

Jonathan Holloway jholloway at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 19:16:42 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Shwetha Panduranga" <spandura at redhat.com>
> To: "Nigel Babu" <nigelb at redhat.com>
> Cc: "Gluster Devel" <gluster-devel at gluster.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:29:08 AM
> Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Release 3.12: Glusto run status

> I submitted a patch making the changes:
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18152/2

We can easily replace the sleep with a timed wait_for_rebalance_to_start() loop function that watches for "in progress", log the status, followed by the existing wait_for_rebalance_to_complete ().
It solves the problem and scales (at least up).

We can also refactor into a single wait_for_rebalance_status() method and call it twice with appropriate status(es) as args.
For backwards compatibility just treat wait_for_rebalance_to_complete() as a wrapper to the new function and doc/log as deprecated.

Cheers,
Jonathan