[Gluster-devel] GlusterD 1.0 updates

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 04:28:59 UTC 2016

Last week's status:

1. tier as a service patch is going through multiple review iterations.
2. We have started reviewing the patch from Saravana on placing pidfiles
into correct location. First set of comments have been published.
3. Xin from 126.com has been helping us in figuring out a case where we may
end up with a zero byte info file. I (have) and will be spending some time
to see if this issue can be tackled. But the test causing this issue is not
something we will hit in production very often.
4. Last week we touched upon about an issue on friend-sm and we figured out
that with a particular given state and an incoming event a wrong function
pointer is getting executed which doesn't allow the friend-sm to move
forward in a right manner. We are still yet to figure out how can we solve
this issue. Parallely Samikshan has started working on a visual diagram to
explain how friend-sm works. Once its ready we will publish it upstream.

This week:

1. We have got some new BZs filed in 3.8 version in GlusterD. Will be
starting to take a look at them.
2. Focus on finishing the review for tier as service and take the patch
into mainline.
3. Address the other incoming reviews.

--

~ Atin (atinm)