[Gluster-devel] [gluster-devel] Re: HELP! Many features on the 3.8 roadmap are missing basic details

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 12:17:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might have seen that we have moved some features to a new "at risk"
> category on the 3.8 roadmap. These are the features that did not provide
> any details for the feature page yet. However, many other features do
> not provide basic details like a summary, link to bugs or patches, and
> so on. In order to get the release done, we rely on assistance from the
> feature owners to provide the needed information.
>
>   https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/3.8/
>
> Please open the roadmap, locate a feature that you are working on, and
> see if all details are there. In case something it missing, you should
> scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "edit this page on
> GitHub" link and create a pull request.
>
> Thanks,
> Jiffin and Niels

Hi all,
There are still a few things in the 'At Risk' category.

* Integrate with external resource management software
* Tiering Performance Enhancements
* Samba and NFS-Ganesha support for tiered volumes
* Quota Enhancements

 If something's missing to move these into the official roadmap, please
edit the GitHub page to provide those details. We're fast approaching 30
April as our deadline for 'feature complete' Gluster 3.8.

Thanks!
 - amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead