[Gluster-devel] Review backlog

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 04:38:43 UTC 2015

Hi All,

We have approximately 500 open patches in gerrit with the last updated
timestamp of at least one patch going all the way back to 2012. Of these
patches, a fair number are no longer valid and probably need to be
abandoned. Even after that we will be left with a  significant number of
patches needing review, rework and rebasing. Needless to say the
daunting review backlog has its share of side effects. I am wondering
how we can reduce the overall backlog and bring it down to more
manageable levels.

Apart from reducing this significant backlog now, I feel that we also
need to evolve a process that helps in keeping the review backlog
healthy going forward.

Appreciate any ideas and solutions that you can provide to help address
these related problems.

Thanks,
Vijay