[Gluster-users] Status of GlusterFS-3.6

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 05:05:51 UTC 2016

Hi all!

The GlusterFS-3.6 series has been around for nearly 2 years now. The
first 3.6.0 release happened late October 2014. We've had 9 releases
since then, with latest release 3.6.9 happening in early March 2016.
There hasn't been any activity on the release-3.6 branch since then.
The 3.6 series is also due to be EOLed once GlusterFS-3.9 is released
(which is currently being targetted for a October 2016 release).

As we haven't been having regular 3.6 releases for a while, and as the
release of 3.9 is close, we've decided to officially not do anymore
3.6 releases. Till 3.9 gets released, 3.6 will only get fixes for
security and critical issues. If anyone has such issues, please bring
it to out notice.

Thanks,
Kaushal