[Gluster-users] to RAID or not?

Matt Robinson m.robinson at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 17:25:15 UTC 2016

If you don't trust the hardware raid, then steer clear of raid-6 as mdadm raid 6 is stupidly slow.
I don't completely trust hardware raid either, but rebuild times should be under a day and in order to lose a raid-6 array you have to lose 3 disks.
My own systems are hardware raid-6.
If you're not terribly worried about maximising usable storage, then mdadm raid-10 is your friend.