[Gluster-users] how to use a small part of glusterfs volume in kubernetes

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 23:33:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 4:07 AM, likun <kun.li at ucarinc.com> wrote:

> Anyone use glusterfs in kubernetes environment?
>

> We use coreos. As you know, from 1.4.3, coreos version kubernetes has
> included glusterfs-client debian package in hypercube image. So recently we
> moved our kubernetes to 1.5.1, and began to mount glusterfs from pod
> directly.
>

> But we can just mount the whole glusterfs volume, is there any way to use
> a small part of glusterfs volume?like a directory in the volume, and 10G
> limited through quota. Can PV and PVC do this ?

You can possibly accomplish this by mounting the entire glusterfs volume
into the container host and bind mounting different sub-directories of the
volume in different containers. Gluster supports configuring quota on
sub-directories. Note that data services like geo-replication, snapshots
etc. cannot be configured for sub-directories.

Are your PVs  for read write once or read write many workloads? We are
looking at adding read write once support with iSCSI in Gluster 3.10.

Regards,
Vijay