[Gluster-users] Release 3.10: Feature page status (and call for reviews)

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 12:18:30 UTC 2016

A) We need reviewers/maintainers to complete the reviews of the feature
pages that are under review, and get them to an accepted state.

B) We need the missing feature pages added, so that those can go through
the required reviews.

Just a reminder on the timelines, we have branching set to: 17th Jan,
2017 (at which point code for the feature needs to be in merged state)

Following are the list of features, and their corresponding feature
pages, and its review status.

Accepted state:
1) Disable creation of trash directory by default
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accepted/Trash-Improvements.md

2) SELinux support for Gluster Volumes
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accepted/SELinux-client-support.md

Under review: (Reviewers please take a look)
1) Implement Parallel readdirp in dht
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16090/

2) Estimate how long it will take for a rebalance operation to complete
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16119/

3) Add brick multiplexing
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/under_review/multiplexing.md
	- I think this can be moved to accepted, Jeff request a patch for the same

4) Introduce force option for Snapshot Restore
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16097/

5) Support to get maximum op-version supported in a heterogeneous cluster
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16118/

6) Introducing block CLI commands
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16092/

Feature page missing:
1) Implement statedump for gfapi applications (Rajesh)
2) In gfapi fix memory leak during graph switch (Rajesh)
3) switch to storhaug for HA for ganesha and samba (Kaleb)
4) volume expansion/contraction for tiered volumes (stage 1 - tier as a
service) (Dan)
   - Google doc present, need a feature page
5) multithreaded promotion/demotion in tiering (Dan)
   - Google doc present, need a feature page
   - Google doc not accessible