[Gluster-users] disperse heal speed up

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:46:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am testing heal speed of disperse volume and what I see is 5-10MB/s per node.
I increased disperse.background-heals to 32 and
disperse.heal-wait-qlength to 256, but still no difference.
One thing I noticed is that, when I kill a brick process, reformat it
and restart it heal speed is nearly 20x (200MB/s/node)

But when I kill the brick, then write 100TB data, and start brick
afterwords heal is slow (5-10MB/s/node)

What is the difference between two scenarios? Why one heal is slow and
other is fast? How can I increase disperse heal speed? Should I
increase thread count to 128 or 256? I am on 78x(16+4) disperse volume
and my servers are pretty strong (2x14 cores with 512GB ram, each node
has 26x8TB disks)

Gluster version is 3.7.10.

Thanks,
Serkan