[Gluster-users] op-version issue on 3 nodes setup

PEPONNET, Cyril N (Cyril) cyril.peponnet at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Feb 12 18:19:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

We had an outage in our gluster setup and I had to rm -rf /var/lib/gluster/*

I rebuild the setup from scratch but op-version for volumes is set as 2 for op-version and client-op-version.

op-version in glusterd.info is 30501.

The main issue is when I try to set property it fails only for certain volumes:

3 nodes gluster 3.5.2

On all nodes:

glusterd.info

operating-version=30501

grep -ri op-version *

vols/vol1/info:op-version=2
vols/vol1/info:client-op-version=2
vols/vol2/info:op-version=2
vols/vol2/info:client-op-version=2

node B#  gluster vol set vol2 quick-read off
volume set: failed: One or more connected clients cannot support the feature being set. These clients need to be upgraded or disconnected before running this command again

node B#  gluster vol set vol1 quick-read off
volume set: success

vol1 is distributed on one node (node A)
vol2 is distributed on one node (node B)

So node B can’t set the property because of op-version:

[2015-02-12 18:10:57.852334] E [glusterd-op-sm.c:357:glusterd_check_client_op_version_support] 0-management: One or more clients don't support the required op-version
[2015-02-12 18:10:57.852380] E [glusterd-syncop.c:912:gd_stage_op_phase] 0-management: Staging of operation 'Volume Set' failed on localhost : One or more connected clients cannot support the feature being set. These clients need to be upgraded or disconnected before running this command again

Thanks

--
Cyril Peponnet