[Gluster-users] GlusterFS.next (a.k.a. 4.0) status/planning meeting

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 21:10:21 UTC 2015

Perhaps it's not obvious to the broader community, but a bunch of people
have put a bunch of work into various projects under the "4.0" banner.
Some of the results can be seen in the various feature pages here:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning40

Now that the various subproject feature pages have been updated, it's
time to get people together and decide what 4.0 is *really* going to be.
To that end, I'd like to schedule an IRC meeting for February 6 at 12:00
UTC - that's this Friday, same time as the triage/community meetings but
on Friday instead of Tuesday/Wednesday.  An initial agenda includes:

* Introduction and expectation-setting

* Project-by-project status and planning

* Discussion of future meeting formats and times

* Discussion of collaboration tools (e.g. gluster.org wiki or
  Freedcamp) going forward.

Anyone with an interest in the future of GlusterFS is welcome to attend.
This is *not* a Red Hat only effort, tied to Red Hat product needs and
schedules and strategies.  This is a chance for the community to come
together and define what the next generation of "distributed file
systems for the real world" will look like.  I hope to see everyone
there.