[Gluster-users] Stupid question re multiple networks

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 15:03:00 UTC 2014

> What if the gluster servers are also clients? I locally plan to use
> a number of servers acting as gluster and VM servers, so that gluster serves
> both the VM's and other clients.

I think that fits fairly well into this paradigm.  Note that the routing of
traffic is by *type* (e.g. user I/O, rebalance) rather than by destination.
By default, everything's on the same network, so things would work just as
now.  If you want, you can redirect user I/O over one network and internal
traffic over another, even if the machines are both clients and servers.