[Gluster-users] Proper procedure for changing the IP address of a glustefs server

Carlos Capriotti capriotti.carlos at gmail.com
Sun May 18 21:38:00 UTC 2014

Mark, hi.

Short answer to you, not because it does not deserve a long, detailed
answer, but just because my experience won't add much to your own:

You did great by editing all files and having you cluster working again. I
was not that lucky, and it was a good thing it was simply a test system; I
configured my cluster using the IPs on all peers, because I had multihomed
servers and wanted to use a given NIC/net for gluster back end.

Final result: changing IPs caused all to go south, and I had to start from
scratch.

I posted the same question you did, with no answer at all, so, it leads me
to believe this part of gluster is one of those black holes that need much
improvement.

IMO, you need some sort of "bind to" capability here, but it is not that
simple, after all, like in my case, I wanted back end traffic on one NIC,
and client traffic on another.

Probably a good feature request for 3.6.

Cheers,

Carlos