[Gluster-users] Access gluster volume using FTP

Antony Nolan antony.nolan at gmail.com
Thu May 9 18:22:12 UTC 2013

Good Day Everyone,

I am new to linux in general as well as a new member to this mailing list
as of 5 minutes ago . I setup my first glusterfs volume version 3.4 and am
managing it using ovirt 3.2. I setup a client machine and test user and
mounted the gluster volume with no problems at all using NFS. When I login
to the server I can read/write just fine to the volume using the test user
account.

Volume Name: gv0
Type: Replicated
Volume ID: ###################
Status Started
Number of Bricks 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 192.168.1.210
Brick2: 192.168.1.213
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.disable: off
user.cifs: on
auth.allow: *

glnode01.devnet.local:/gv0 on /home/gluster/GlusterTest type nfs
(rw,vers=3,addr=192.168.1.210)

I have read most people use FTP to access their gluster volumes but I have
yet to get this working. I have installed vsftpd but when I FTP to the
server I cannot write files to the gluster at all after mounting to the
users home directory. Currently I cannot r/w to anywhere on the server
using FTP other than the users home directory.

I guess my question is are their any permission that must be granted for me
to mount the volume and access via FTP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been beating my head
against the wall trying get this to work properly.

Thanks kindly,
Antony Nolan