[Gluster-users] Bricks suggestions

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:14:49 UTC 2012

2012/4/30 Larry Bates <larry.bates at vitalesafe.com>

> Fluster V3.0.0 in two SuperMicro servers each with 8x2TB hard drives
>> configured as JBOD. I use Gluster to replicate each drive between
>> servers and the distribute across the drives giving me approx 16TB as
>> a single volume.  I can pull a single drive an replace and then use
>> self heal to rebuild. I can shutdown or reboot a server and traffic
>> continues to the other server (good for kernel updates).  I use logdog
>> to alert me via email/text if a drive fails.

That's ok for me, but my question is:
how does gluster detect a failed cluster on a disk?
Will it detect properly and start serving data from the other server?

In case of whole disk failure its easy, disk is not working and gluster will
use the other server, but if the disk is ok and only a single sector
is not readable?