[Gluster-users] Is gluster suitable and production ready foremail/webservers?

Robert Krig robert at bitcaster.de
Mon Sep 26 17:41:22 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 03:04 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
>> As you can guess, rsync is not so good with lots of small files, at
>> least not THAT many small files, so with a 10Gigabit ethernet
>> connection, on the small files we got about 10-30 megabytes per second.
> 10~30MB/s is more than OK for me. However, you're on 10G while my
> client has a budget I need to work within so bonded 1G with VLAN is
> probably the best I can do. Any idea/data on how much an impact that
> might make?

I forgot to mention that our 10gigabit was also a shared vlan. We have a
dedicated external ip and "virtual" internal one on a single 10gbe
Ethernet Interface. However, I don't how much of an impact it would make
with just a 1gbit vlan. I have only just begun using glusterfs, and this
is my first server using 10gbe ethernet, so it might be that there is
still some performance gain that is available through some tuning.