[Gluster-users] read and write speeds

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Tue Sep 13 19:04:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm testing gluster/nfs for replacement of an existing DRBD/iSCSI system.

Speed tests show gluster NFS to be pretty close to iSCSI, but I have some questions.

If I do a sequential write of data, I get ~118 MB/s.  A sequential read of data gets about 65 MB/s.

If I do a sequential read and write at the same time, write speed drops to ~100 MB/s while read speed drops to about 10 MB/s.

Does anyone know why this occurs, and is there anything I can do to speed up the read speeds, maybe make reads and writes a bit more balanced?

Gerald