[Gluster-users] Some questions about theoretical gluster failures.

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed Oct 26 15:31:53 UTC 2011

Thanks very much for your input.

I'm a bit surprised that new files would hash to the failed brick -
there isn't a check to make sure that the assigned brick is responding
and fall back to a ready brick?  I can see that this would happen in
the 1st few seconds of failure, but after a short timeout, shouldn't
this feed back to the hasher?

I'll explicitly test this when I bring up the new version today.

Thanks again
hjm

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487