[Gluster-users] libglusterfsclient status

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at unlocksmith.org
Mon Mar 28 15:18:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Mirko Iannella <mirko.iannella at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> i'm evaluating glusterfs in order to deploy it in my company but I
> don't want to use FUSE to mount the fs. What's the client library's
> current status? I can see it in the git repository but not in the
> source package for version 3.1.3 , is it being rewritten or am I
> missing something?
> Is there any documentation for the library?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Mirko

Hi Mirko, We are planning to complete C library interface and make it
official. At the moment it is incomplete and undocumented. We need C APIs
anyways for HDFS and CIFS integration. I am curious why you prefer C APIs
over NFS or GlusterFS. We are also going to add S3 compatible object storage
interface.
-AB

Imagination is more important than knowledge --Albert Einstein