[Gluster-users] WG: Strange behaviour glusterd 3.1

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Mar 15 10:27:28 UTC 2011

I updated my version to 3.1.2:
glusterfs --version
glusterfs 3.1.2 built on Jan 14 2011 19:21:08
Repository revision: v3.1.1-64-gf2a067c
Copyright (c) 2006-2010 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU Affero
General Public License.

And the missbehaviour is gone.

But there is another question . If I have a two node setup and a file is
opened on both server from different users,
how is gluster manage the locking then. I tried opened a file , there was
no: the file is already open!? I could change it,
and only the last saved change was replicated?

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24