[Gluster-users] Geo-rep failing

Csaba Henk csaba at gluster.com
Tue Jun 28 10:16:53 UTC 2011

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Adrian Carpenter <tac12 at wbic.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Csaba,
>
> So far as I am aware nothing tampered with the xattrs,  and all the bricks etc are time synchronised.  Anyway I did as you suggest,  now for one volume  (I have three being geo-rep'd) I consistently get this:
>
> OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

do you get this consistently, or randomly-but-recurring, or spotted
once/a few times then gone?

> File "/opt/glusterfs/3.2.1/local/libexec/glusterfs/python/syncdaemon/libcxattr.py", line 26, in _query_xattr
  cls.raise_oserr()
> File "/opt/glusterfs/3.2.1/local/libexec/glusterfs/python/syncdaemon/libcxattr.py", line 16, in raise_oserr
  raise OSError(errn, os.strerror(errn))
> OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

If seen more than once, how much does the stack trace vary? Exactly
the same, or not exactly but crashes in the same function (just on a
different code path), or not exactly but at least in libcxattr module,
or quite different?

What python version do you use? If you use python 2.4.*, with external
ctypes, then what source you've taken ctypes from, what version?

Thanks,
Csaba