[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2.1 Freeze on df

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Sat Jun 18 14:39:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 03:01:38PM +0200, gluster1206 at akxnet.de wrote:

> Examining the problem, I discovered that a df freezes sometimes when
> reaching the gluster volumes and pauses some minutes and more until the
> information is shown. The df task does not show up in "top".

It's typical for df to pause indefinitely if there's a mount it expects to
get information from that's delaying its response. I see this in non-Gluster
situations when a mount has gone away, but the OS still expects it to be
there. So it may or may not be indicative of a problem in Gluster itself
that df pauses for a time. If you have a lot of file activity going on in
the Gluster mount, it may be that df response is delayed because the mount
can't report how much space is free until the ongoing file activity has
finished.

Whit