[Gluster-users] make gluster run on internal interfaces only

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Fri Feb 25 04:29:25 UTC 2011

Hi Stefan,

> connect(4, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(24007),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("127.0.0.1")}, 16) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation now in
> progress)
> s1-new:~#
>
> So I think its not working because the probe process is first trying to
> connect to the local glusterd which is not listening under 127.0.0.1?

This is because currently 'gluster' CLI does operations only on management
nodes and it assumes that all its communication will be happening to local
'glusterd'. All the peer related operations are driven through 'glusterd'
process.  Hence 'gluster' CLI defaults its peer IP to '127.0.0.1'.

Try 'gluster' with '--remote-host=<IP/hostname of local hostname>' option
and see if it works.

Regards,
Amar