[Gluster-users] Native NFS charset on Windows

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:30:04 UTC 2010

I have GlusterFS 3.1 working perfectly with some replicated volumes. I mount
on Linux using glusterfs and on Mac/Windows I mount using NFS.

Everything works perfectly until we start creating files with non ASCII names
(e.g. Japanese).  Japanese filenames created in Windows can be seen correctly
in other Windows (Vista/7) but become a lot of ???? on linux/Mac and files
created on Linux/Mac can be seen correctly on other Linux/Mac's but look like
traditional chinese characters on Windows (Vista/7).

Is there a way in Gluster to set a default character set for NFS? or something
like that?.

--
regards,
Horacio Sanson