[Gluster-users] HA NFS

Layer7 Consultancy info at layer7.be
Tue Jul 13 14:58:14 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer, this was also my understanding on how things
work when using the FUSE client (all storage nodes are described in
the glusterfsd.vol file and thus the client has connection info to
them).

However, when using NFS the documentation states that one should
connect to the 'management IP' and this also seems to be the only
connection information that the client has.
If this management IP is gone due to the server going down, there is
no way the client can know there are multiple other servers who are
also serving the same content, so unless this virtual IP is taken over
by another storage node, the client wouldn't know where to route the
request to.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,
Koen