[Gluster-users] Gluster

Andy Pace APace at singlehop.com
Sat Jul 3 17:45:17 UTC 2010

What did you end up using instead?

----- Original Message -----
From: gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org <gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org>
To: Gluster General Discussion List <gluster-users at gluster.org>
Sent: Sat Jul 03 12:34:32 2010
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Gluster

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Andy Pace wrote:

> Not to go off topic too much but what was your problem with gluster and xen?
>
> I'm preparing to roll out a rather large xen based product and utilize gluster to store the sparse image files for each instance.
>
> Haven't ran into many issues yet, so I'm just wondering if you know something I don't :)

Bad bad bad news... The biggest issue may be fixed now, but once a xen
file was opened Gluster would only write to one node. A smaller issue is
you have to use file rather then tap:aio and file is biggest and can cause
corruption in xen. There was one other issue, but don't remember what it
was right now.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com