[Gluster-users] afr debug log

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Wed Feb 10 11:45:23 UTC 2010

miloska at gmail.com wrote:
> I expect that a background process will re-sync the content between
> the two server nodes. This hasn't happened (check the timestamps in
> the log below).
Self-heal is not done by a background process. When a server comes back
up, self-heal on files will happen the next time they are accessed.
Doing an "ls -lR" is one way to force self-heal to happen.

What is meant by "background" self-heal is that reads to a file will not
block while the self-heal is in progress. This feature is new in the 3.x
releases.

Vikas